November 20, 2012

Yummy Soft Snickerdoodles!

 By this time each year, I am usually completely stressed and worn out from hustle and bustle of what comes along with the holidays.  BUT this year, not so much!  Maybe because my mum is doing Thanksgiving and I am taking care of Christmas dinner.  We usually switch off so one of us isn't doing everything.  And I have never gotten into watching the Lifetime Christmas movies before, until this year. My daughter and I have already seen 5 of them ;-). Usually I just watch my regular fav's like A Christmas Story, Grinch, and Grizwald's Christmas Vacation right before Christmas.  I think my main goal this year is to keep the holidays SIMPLE.  I am not going black Friday shopping for the first year either.  Who needs it when you can go Cyber Monday shopping in your pjs.  I just want to spend time with family and make some yummy food!  Which leads me to the first recipe for the Thanksgiving holiday...  

Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies



Recipe Source Here
  • Prep Time: 10 mins
  • Total Time: 20 mins
  • Servings: 24

Ingredients

    • 1 cup butter
    • 1 1/2 cups sugar
    • 2 large eggs
    • 2 3/4 cups flour
    • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 3 tablespoons sugar
    • 3 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions

          Preheat oven to 350°F.
  1. Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
  2. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
  3. Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
  4. Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
  5. Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
  6. Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
  7. Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
  8. Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.
  9. Remove from pan immediately.
 
The one thing I always suggest is to take the cookies out just before you think they are done!  They will cook just a bit more out of the oven.  That's how I always keep mine soft in the middle.  Also, I made mine a bit bigger than the 1 in. rd size that this recipe calls for.  More like 2 in. size for mine ;-)  So I did just about 11 min. on the baking.   Since I needed 30 cookies for my son's classroom party, I just went ahead and tripled the batch to leave some for us!
 
 
 Tomorrow is another baking day for me.  The list consists of Pumpkin Pies, Sweet Potato Pies, Blackberry Cobbler, and hopefully some of my husband's Great Grandma's Ginger Snaps.  Check back in for a few more great recipes and my very favorite easy to do pie crust recipe :)
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment