April 10, 2013

A French Inspired Design Board

Today I shall whisk you away to Paris or at least maybe the feel of Paris.  I have been working with Jan for a little while now helping her transform her home in to a relaxing and inviting space.  After we completed the Living Room and Kitchen areas, we moved on to the guest bedrooms and bath.  I created a Nautical Design Board for one of the guest rooms and recently finished the Design Board Package for her second guest room.  She already has an overall feel with reds, and black and white in the room, so my job was just to bring in all the finishing touches and added comfort with additional bedding pieces and new window treatments.

Here is what I came up with for her French Inspired Guest Room...


Source List
















Some of my favorite pieces are...

Personalized Pillow Cover
This really sweet pillow from Pottery Barn that you can personalize for whatever date is important.  For my client's, it could be their wedding day or the day they purchased their home.  It is a nice touch to personalize the guest room since it tells a little more about the family that lives there.  In the Nautical Guest Room, I personalized it by bringing in a map of the waterways where the client lives.


Fleur de lis Wall Hook, Key hanger, Robe hook, shabby Cottage Chic, Romantic Home Decor
Another item I think gives just a little nod to Paris is this Fleur De Lis hanger.  I think two of them sort of off set from each other on the wall will be a great spot for guests to hang jackets and purses.


Smith & Hawken® Glass Dome Cloche - 11.5"

A pretty Cloche with a some greenery underneath would add a little color to the side table underneath the coat hooks.


Lilian Bedside Table
To store my client's printer and laptop, I needed to find something that was pretty yet functional, so when I came across the Lilian Bedside Table on Pottery Barn, I thought it was the perfect fit!

Yesterday and the day before Dustin painted my client's guest rooms and guest bath and the colors are gorgeous!!!

These are the two colors I chose for the guest rooms and bath...

I have used Repose Gray several times now and I honestly love it as a go-to gray.  Mindful Gray was a first for me, but I will definitely recommend it for future clients and I'm saying, it MAY find it's way into my home at some point ;-)

It will take a little bit to bring it all together, but once the rooms are completed, I will share the Before and Afters!!

If you would like a Design Board Package of your own, please feel free to contact me at seasideinteriors01@gmail.com.  There are different package options that you can look through on my side bar in order to decide which one is best for you!

If you enjoyed this post and don't want to miss out click up top there on the right and follow along ;-)




For information on my on-line design services, please click here.



For on-site design services {Greater Hampton Roads and Richmond Virginia}, please email seasideinteriors01@gmail.com for pricing and availability.



Seaside Interiors

Linking To:

0 comments:

Post a Comment