July 01, 2013

Modern Dining Room Design Plan

I'm back!  I've been missin in action off and on for a few weeks due to an overloaded schedule, but we are nearing completion on a couple jobs so I feel like I am able to carve out a little more time and get back to my regular blogging schedule.


Today I wanted share a recent Design Package that I recently completed for my client Nicole.  I have worked with Nicole before to makeover her living room.  So this was exciting for me to come up with a plan for the adjacent dining room.  Nicole wanted to pull in the grays and then add some splashes of turquoise.

This is the plan I came up with...



The Bar Height Table is already a piece that my client owns, but she wanted a different fabric for the chairs, so I chose a gray and white modern fabric to recover the seats.  


This is such a cute pattern from Waverly Fabric.

Kenroy Home Bronze Gilt Finish Whistler 3 Light Pendant
To keep the clean modern lines I chose this sleek pendant light.  I think the combination of metal and the linen fabric together keep the space contemporary and warm.


Horizon Lines I - Flushmount

For the artwork, I wanted to make it the statement piece in the room.  I not only wanted to pull in the colors of the room, but pull in some colors from the kitchen and other adjoining rooms on the first floor.  I recommended that Nicole turn the artwork sideways so that the lines are vertical on the wall instead of horizontal like you see above.


LIATORP Sideboard IKEA Cord outlet in the back.  Keeps all cords in one place. Adjustable shelves can be arranged according to your needs.


For the unit to store their dishware and dining needs, I chose a sideboard with glass doors and open shelving in a white finish.





One other piece of artwork for the room is this gorgeous medley of metal circles that has a really pretty shimmery finish in silver and gold.  This fun piece ties in well with the metal of the pendant light. 


Here is one last look at all of the mood board pieces brought together to create the design plan for the dining room...


If you are interested in having a Design Board Package for your home including: a mood board like above, the room layout, and complete source guide for all of your purchases, please email me at seasideinteriors01@gmail.com.





1 comment:

  1. Hi. I'm visiting from Better After. I love your bathroom redo, and am pinning a photo or two from your site. :)

    ReplyDelete